In the last few year, Hoi An has become one of the tourist attractions. To have a great trip to this place, you should get some basic information. The following instruction will help you to know what you need.
Time and means to Hoi An
The most reasonable time to travel to Hoi An is from February to April with little rain and pleasant weather. There are two apparent seasons in a year: rainy season (from August to December) and dry season (from January to July), and occasionally, there is also temporary cold fronts.
If it’s possible, you should visit Hoi An on 14th of every lunar months to join in the ancient town festival. On this occasion you will have opportunity to hear traditional songs, play traditional games and enjoy delicious foods. Especially, you can also see a lot of red lanterns hung across the street. What’s an indispensable event ever!
There are two ways to Hoi An from Da Nang. The first one along 1A Highway to the south for about 27 kilometers, arriving Vinh Dien Road and turning left for about 10km. You can also visit Bang Anh Cham Tower along Huynh Thuc Khang Street in Vinh Dien Province.
The second way is nearer, less vehicles. From Da Nang center, you should cross Han River bridge to Da Nang - Hoi An provincial highway, and then visiting Marble Mountain before going to Hoi An for about 30km long.
Most tourists to Da Nang are from Hoi An. It takes 30-40 minutes From Danang to Hoi An so you can use bus, taxi or private car. One way shuttle bus from the airport to hotels in Hoi An is about 200-250 thousand.
Some tips to remember:
1. Buying entrance ticket at Hoi An travel guiding office (Tel: 0510.3862715). 4 smaller parts in this ticket represent for 4 over 22 places that’s you are allowed to enter.
2. A free tour guide will be provided for groups of down to 8 people (duration: 2 hours)
3. You should dress formally and always show your seriousness when visiting relics here. Owner may be may annoyed if you ungainly walk, talk and laugh in their relics.
4. Always be clean, tidy and polite wherever you go so as not to lose the beauty of this world cultural heritage.
5. Even small gifts (like pens, candy or loose) should not be given to local children because it may create bad habits for them.
6. You will receive good service in every restaurants and shops. Therefore, you do not need any introducer because they may get commission from your purchased goods.
7. If you are the first customer of any shop, you should buy something, even a small one. Because seller believes that they will have a good selling day.
Before you go, you should take the time to prepare everything necessities, such as:
- T-shirts, pants, swimming suits
- Caps, and umbrellas are good for hot weather
- Sunscreen, lotions, anti-insect ointment
- Cameras. (Remember to bring your tripod because it is useful for shooting beautiful Hoi An by night)
- Water bottles for sunny and hot days.
Finally, wish you have a wonderful trip to Hoi An